Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I'm Losing a Dear Family Member

I shall not write much - there isn't much to say.

Nancy has been diagnosed with Acute Leukemia and given a short time before life runs out.

This is incredibly sad and I am spending all my energy on making this time the best it can be. Nancy got a bed at Hospice at May Court just last Wednesday and is comfortable and grateful to be there.

Having volunteered at May Court before it is hard finding my lovely Nancy there, but at the same time there is no place better for her to be. I know she is taken care off with the utmost love and respect and that is all we can ask.

Our house has been filled with guests from far and wide - we are lucky to have the space and happy to help. The kids are finding it all a bit much with the routine thrown out the window but they understand that this is what we must do to help Nancy through this time. My children are amazing and I'm beyond proud of them!

So this is the reason for my quiet - and the reason I'll continue to be quiet for a while - I'm grieving, entertaining, loving and looking after - it is how it should be!

No comments:

Post a Comment