Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter


28 degrees today ... phew that is hot and I'm not at all enjoying it. Going from 11 - 12 degrees to this extreme heat is not for me but the sunshine is of course happy and wonderful!

Yesterday we did a bit of baking - we made Easter cookies and it is the first time we have done any serious cookie decorations (I know ... I know ... I should of course have done this a hundred times with my cake skills but ... oh well, it just hasn't worked out that way!) ... but this year, with the wonderful present I got from John, Olivia and Isabella there was no way around it and we went all out ...


before ...


during ....


while ...


and after ...

there were many many more - not sure they will be eaten but we have a pretty good idea about what we'll use them for ... they are stunning and the kids did a fabulous job!

Bob is not here this year for Easter - that breaks my heart ... and means I have to do the "Egg Hunt" which I have never ever done before - if anyone has any skills, tips or hints feel free to email ASAP as I will have to set it all up tonight!

Nancy and John will be coming over for an Easter dinner tomorrow night - actually they have agreed to come a little earlier so Maia and Nancy can do a bit of craft before dinner. Maia loves it oh so much, and I do think Nancy is enjoying herself tremendously too !

Hope you have a lovely Easter - and of course that someone gives you a big yummy
 Easter Egg! 

No comments:

Post a Comment