Monday, January 18, 2010

Mission Accompliced

I did it - and I did it in less than 24 hours. It was fun and I might actually make another one just for the fun of it ... I like that I used lots of my favorite fabrics here, and I like that it to me gives the impression that through my door lies hours of fun with all sorts of colors - I was happy when Anna said "It looks kind of like a color wheel" ... given that this was exactly what Maia and I set out to do when we started rummaging the fabric scraps!

It was such fun to do because all three of them were around while I did most of it and they were very enthusiastic - they are my biggest fans ... long may it last :)

The Milking Wreath (directly translated from Danish to English)



Sorry about the background color - but it hangs on a golden yellow and there just isn't enough light to show it off properly ... nevertheless - enjoy!

And so with the new wreath I woke up Saturday morning and thought - "I must paint something today" and there are really not that many places left to paint (only because I cannot be bothered to start the huge project in our conservatory (don't know what else to call it!). I went to get some new blades for my fabric cutter and decided on the way back to stop by Home Depot to buy a tub of paint :) ... and did a few stripes on the wall in my sewing room. I hung up the wonderful bunting that Carol made for us years and years ago - maybe 7 years ago (could be 8) - I put up some lovely pictures of the kids, turned the bed around - but what really changed the room is that I put up our kitchen plate rack :) - the one we bought in Tonbridge Wells 10 years ago - the one we just cannot find any wall space for in our kitchen. I know that it is silly - I am not going to put cups and plates on it - instead it now holds great craft books and ribbons and fun bags - the ones that Kristyne donated to the girls back in Calgary. I love it but I think you have to think like me to love it - so for anyone who will be staying in that room when visiting - just humor me and be kind ... it is my room and I want it to be full of all the things that makes me happy.

Oh and I FINALLY painted my chest of drawers - the one that has had a mermaid, an octopus, some fish and a treasure chest sitting on the bottom of the ocean - totally unfinished project I started on the day I found out I was pregnant with Maia. All the drawers are now one single wonderfully pink color - so girly and I have fallen back in love with it!

So all in all a very crafty weekend. I even managed three hours on the quilt while at reception at the Hospice yesterday ... I really enjoy when I get to spend a whole weekend doing all sorts of bits and bobs :)

The kids were busy too with Birthday parties and playmates - Still trying to teach Jack that playing on the Wii from you get up till you go to bed is not a great thing. It is a hard lesson to learn and will obviously take him some time.

And even with all that happiness - David still managed to make us all smile the most!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment