Monday, February 21, 2011

What an Absolute Disappointment

oh the heartache this house feels ....

Family Weekend - Friday off, Monday off ... plans made for over half a year for Kirsten and the girls to come visit from NJ. So much excitement, skyping back and forth, everyone here and there counting the days and on Friday night the last Skype about weather and if to bring snow pants - we were ready both here and there ...

... and then ... VOMIT ... everywhere ... up and down walls, doors, floors and children ... ARGH!!!!!

frantic phone calls to Kirsten at midnight (when of course she was sleeping soundly as she was preparing herself for a long drive the following morning!) - text messages on her mobile, voice mails to her mobile, emails and Skype messages - hoping she'd look or listen somewhere.

She did ... 6 am in her car, all packed and ready to go, the girls sleepy but ready and excited ... and then she had to break it to them - "We cannot go ... they are sick" ... there were tears - here and there and it has been the worst weekend in a long time!

Kirsten managed to call her brother and they went to New Hampshire to visit them, so they didn't get up for nothing - us ... well Anna is still very poorly, Maia and Jack are better ... and Bob who never ever gets these tummy viruses is tired from looking after us all!

Me - well I'm just devastated ... my heart sinks every time I think of what could have been ... Kirsten is such a wonderful friend, the one I share everything with and it has been such a long winter with so many different issues and I was looking forward to finally being able to open the wine and just T A L K ... and now who knows when that will happen?

Maybe ... do you think just maybe I can talk her into another trip away - just me and her, lots of wine and shopping and time to share - or is that just too selfish given the kids are devastated too and miss their friends as well? 

- I guess New York is where I'll be spending my 41st birthday - and you know what - Couldn't think of a better way or people to spend it with!

Still ... devastated .... it is the only word that fits my mood today ...

No comments:

Post a Comment