Friday, May 27, 2011

A Very Happy Patient!

I thought there might be some of you who'd like to know how Bob is doing ... and as you can see he is happy and smiling - despite being very sore!


I had a call from the secretary of the surgeon who told me they tested the implant before closing up, and they were very happy to tell, it was succesful. Bob was, understandably, blown away by this information. It will take days, months and maybe over a year for Bob to get used to this implant, but the happiness and joy I saw tonight, despite the pain, dizziness and pathetic hospital bed, I don't think I will ever be able to put into words how incredibly grateful and happy I am on his behalf. Who would have even thought it was possible just 5 years ago?

He appreciates every card, crossword, message, email and thought - thank you for understanding what this means to him!

I have picked up the perscription for some nasty strong painkillers - and will be picking Bob up from the hospital at 6.30 tomorrow morning ... The Ottawa Civic is just another conveyor belt!

No comments:

Post a Comment