Sunday, May 22, 2011

It's Happening

Every day is filled with some fun at the moment. Jack and Anna are counting down the days till they will be Double Digits ... and then they are counting down the days till their Monster Party!

I'm having a great time planning this party. I'm finding myself really enjoying it rather than some years where I have done the parties, but not always felt in the mood for it - this year ... we are going all out - I mean, how often do you get to celebrate your children turning 10

Bob and I have many plans - and loads of secrets, Maia knows a little bit and she's as excited as Jack and Anna. She's so happy for them and has been doing their birthday cards for days - hiding behind closed doors, decorating away.

Jack has told me that he's not really into the whole "everything-must-go-together" themes - so I'm keeping it fairly easy on the boys side, but with Anna - oh I'm going all out and this is what I've been doing for the last two days.

Which One is Your Favorite???

I went on the internet Friday afternoon - found this lovely lady blogging about an owl party she'd done for her 6 year old : http://snowybliss.blogspot.com/2011/02/night-owl-party.html

Well, I love her pillows, but didn't quite find them right for a 10 year old birthday party, so I sat down, drew a simple pattern for these little guys, they are about 15 cm tall - ran to FabricLand - got every color felt they had and have just finished sewing these guys this evening.

As with ANJ's  pillows I will be making every owl extra special but I have to do this in secret. Anna has no idea what we are going to do with these owls and I don't want to give it away - she doesn't think anymore will happen to the owls and I'm sure she'll be blown away when she gets to see them once finished, on the eve of the party!

I love when I find a Mamma out there who enjoys doing parties and comes up with such amazing ideas - she has literally made me buzz with joy planning this party and I am as excited as Anna and Jack at the moment!

1 comment:

  1. Wow crafty mama. Hvor er de skønne de ugler du er hyret jeg vil osse ha tema fest.

    ReplyDelete