Friday, September 10, 2010

Time for some Changes



I just thought I should update you on the parents in the Mote family ;)

Bob was offered a new job in Airdrie just outside of Calgary last week and it wasn't a hard one to accept! He will no longer need to travel all the way to Fort McMurrey - but even more importantly ... he'll be home every single weekend ... no more 10 days on 4 days off! Instead he'll leave on Monday mornings and be home Thursday evening or Friday morning. It still hasn't quite sunk in how lucky we are and we are all pinching ourselves (and each other) every so often, because it will make such a big difference to our lives!

I stopped working at the Hospice this week. I have enjoyed working there but due to some added stresses in our lives it just wasn't the right place for me at the moment. I will miss it but I am incredibly grateful to have had the opportunity to have worked with some fabulous people. For now it is the right thing for me to step away and concentrate on other things.
I have signed up at the Ottawa School of Arts for "Sculptural Ceramics Intro" and here's what it says about the class :

The Sculptural Ceramics course is presented in a master class format but with an instructing philosophy that accommodates adults of every level of experience. By demonstrating a large range of hand-building techniques combined with direct instruction on throwing on the potter’s wheel this course encourages individual artistic growth and creative thinking within a contemporary ceramic or vessel context.

I believe Bob is slightly worried that the house will be filled with ashtrays and silly looking cups with wonky handles ... I'll try my best not to embarrass anyone!

So there you have it - the adults in the Mote house will start on new adventures beginning next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment