Monday, January 11, 2010

Welcome ...

to my new blog site – I Heart my Home ... easy title because I do – I love this house, I love the wonderful family we are, I love living in Ottawa and I love decorating, baking and filling it with warmth and happiness.

For those of you who have been re-directed from SimpleSite, I wanted to let you know why I changed my site. First of all - I do not like to linger ... one must never outstay ones welcome - but more importantly I was so bored with it. I have been there for more than three years, and it was most definitely time for a change (also I only had 12 pictures left before I'd have to upgrade (yet again!) and decided to go elsewhere!).

SimpleSite has served me well - I have been happy there, it was fun, and they even chose us as a winner once for the fantastic picture of Jack with a jet hanging right over him! Oh well all good things must come to an end!

So this blog will be a little different. As you can tell I have been given wonderful drawers in my kitchen counter by "The Blog Fairy" who did a fantastic job of making my wonderful banner and the overall feel to this blog.

Drawer No 1: Well most of you should know who I am but given that I'll be posting about my crafts and stuff other people might pop by and so I thought I should give them a chance to read a little about who I am!

Drawer No 2: This is where I will be putting the posts that have anything to do with my crafts. I have so many things on the go, and I love that with this blog I have my own drawer to put all these wonderful things into - if only I had had this when I did my Cookie Exchange Party or both of my Gingerbread Houses - oh well ... next year!

Drawer No 3: Butterflies and Bubbles still exists and every so often I get an order, so why not show it off here too - and if you're in the mood for some stunning colors, fun characters and a little cake without taking in any calories, you can always have another look.

Drawer No 4: SmugMug ... that is what our new photo account is called. Check it out. It is a work in progress but I'll get there. I am happy to have given each of the kids their own album and had a fantastic time going over the baby photos. There are a few years missing in between but that should be sorted when Bob gets home - he says he knows where the photos are (I wouldn't count on it, but I am hoping on it :))

And then there is Drawer No 5: "Subscribe" ... from now on it is up to you to figure out when I post. I have only been given 10 emails to inform when I post. So I will no longer be sending out little reminders that we exist. If you forget about us - so be it :)

I am very excited about this blog - because it is different and I like new stuff - so I hope you're going to come along - check back often, we have so much to share.

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to it, Birgitte! The blog looks lovely and I've added you to my RSS reader so I won't miss a beat.

    ReplyDelete